You need to realize your thoughts matter. #foodforthought
“Your thoughts create your feelings, your feelings create your actions, and your actions create your life. They’re all interconnected, no exceptions” –Susie Moore.
Yes, I bought a gratitude journal. Being a crazy obsessed entrepreneur I needed to do something. I would love to take more than 5 minutes to practice gratitude but that’s where I am at right now. Being present in the moment can be hard when the future can be so exciting/nerve wracking but I don’t want to live being depressed about what I could have done differently or being anxious about how things will turn out.
The reason I’m writing this blog post is because when I realized that my mind is what controls my reality, it inspired me to be more of a positive energy vs. an energy suck. When you are a bright positive light, you are surrounded by more inspiration and opportunities. Our thoughts are the most powerful tools we have. Whether it’s making health goals, career changes, or desiring a dream, you have to be able to believe in your success. If you want to change your reality you have to change your thinking and perceptions to get there.
This is critical for nutrition and lifestyle coaching. I strongly encourage my clients to focus on mindfulness, not just with eating but life in general. Find a time whether it’s getting up an extra few minutes in the morning when the house is quiet or taking time sitting in your car after getting home from work to reset your thoughts. Examples…
Thoughts to Change
- Living for the weekend —> Finding joy throughout the week and at your job (even Monday morning)
- Giving up on healthy eating —> Accepting not every meal is going to be perfect and you’ll have a million more chances to be mindful
- Too tired to make it to the gym —> Take a rest day & recover (it’s allowed and necessary)
- Waking up, looking in the mirror and thinking “Yikes”—> Say Hello Beautiful, You’re going to have a kickass day!
- Focusing on what other people think—> Focusing on your own thoughts and the energy you are projecting
Focus on being the happiest, healthy you.
- That means being forgiving when things aren’t perfect or consistent and making time for self love.
- Use gratitude when negative thoughts trigger. Try writing down things that you are thankful for.
- Focus on the good. Dwelling on the “bad”, doesn’t get anyone anywhere.
- Visualize dreams and desires. Create specific goals. Start with a S.M.A.R.T goal.
*Making these efforts, will also inspire others to treat themselves better too.*