Chicken Bacon Egg Avocado Summer Salad
That’s a mouth full.
Every wonder why salads at home aren’t always as good as they are at a restaurant? I have!
Making the dressing from scratch usually does the trick. I forgot how good homemade vinaigrette is and it only took a minute!
This salad is PACKED with nutrients including protein and nonstarchy veggies. Use your left over chicken and meal prep a few hardboiled eggs for the week while you’re making this salad! Something new and refreshing for the summer, or even a date night.
Chicken: Great lean protein source. Chicken breasts are also a very good source of selenium, phosphorus, vitamin B6, and niacin.
Egg: One egg has only 75 calories and 7 grams of high-quality protein, 5 grams of fat, and 1.6 grams of saturated fat, along with iron, vitamins, minerals, and carotenoids. The egg is a powerhouse of disease-fighting nutrients like lutein and zeaxanthin.
Avocado: heart healthy fat with tons of vitamins and minerals!
Red Wine Vinegar: Great dressing, marinade, flavoring option very low in calories. It also has antioxidants!
Avocado Chicken Bacon Egg Salad
- 1/2 lb Chicken Breast
- 1 Tsp Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- 2 Slices bacon
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Dry Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Pinch Pepper
- 4 Cups Lettuce
- 1 Small Avocado
- Heat grill to 300 F, season chicken with garlic and herb seasoning, cook 7-8 minutes on each side or until done.
- Heat stove to medium, fry bacon until crispy, 5-7 minutes.
- Boil water, cook egg 7-10 minutes depending on your preference. Place in cold water afterwards, it makes eggs easier to peel.
- Sauté onion on medium heat in pan until soft, 5 minutes. Combine vinegar, oil, mustard, honey, salt and pepper into small bowl. Mix together.
- Cut romaine lettuce, enough for two salads (4 cups), slice avocado.
- Add all protein toppings and dressing to lettuce and avocado (cut in half, one half for each salad).