I LOVE BBQ. Yes, I have yelled that at the top of my lungs before while running past a BBQ restaurant. Coming home to a crockpot full of homemade bbq style shredded meat…is amazing. There’s just something about shredded protein that makes it so much better. Add some sweet potato and you have yourself a perfect comfort meal.
Making the sauce at home keeps the junk out! It’s easy and a great way to get the delicious flavor with better quality ingredients. This recipe is so simple!
Venison: Great source of protein, full of B vitamins and minerals, lower fat than beef and less calories.
Sweet Potatoes: contain a good amount of fiber as well as vitamin A, vitamin C, manganese and several other vitamins and minerals.
Dates: contain several vitamins and minerals, in addition to fiber and antioxidants. Great way to add a touch of sweetness!
BBQ Shredded Meat with Sweet Potato
BBQ Pulled Venison
- 2 lbs Deer Roast
- 2 Cans Beef Bone Broth or Broth of Choice
- 8 oz Tomato Paste
- 2 Yellow Onions
- 6 Pureed Dates or brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 3 Tbsp Mustard
- 1 Tsp Mustard Seed
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 Spiralized Sweet Potatoes (or baked)
- 1 ½ tsp Olive Oil
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Turn crockpot on low, add meat and broth. Cook for 6-8 hours or until tender.
- Shred meat and discard broth. Put all other ingredients in crockpot (except sweet potatoes). Mix and submerge meat in sauce. Cook 1-2 hours.
- Spiralize sweet potatoes and add to large pan, add a dash of olive oil, salt and pepper. You could also baked the sweet potato.
- Add toppings.
Things You Might Need