This classic takeout dish can be a healthy weeknight meal with a delicious surplus of veggies!
My favorite thing to eat when I was little was beef and broccoli. Basically I would just lick the sauce off of the dish, ask for my fortune cookie and call it good. My eating habits have come along way but the sauce is still very important to me.
This types of stir-fry is great because you can always use protein you have on hand and frozen veggies to speed up the cooking. It’s an easy way to increase your vegetable and fiber intake with tons of flavor!
Broccoli: is high in many nutrients, including fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, iron and potassium. Broccoli also contains more protein than most other vegetables.
Carrot: are a good source of several vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin A (from beta-carotene), biotin, vitamin K, potassium and vitamin B6.
Snap Peas: good source of vitamin C, Vitamin K, magnesium, iron and folate.
Ginger: is high in gingerol, a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Beef & Broccoli
Marinade (optional, can use your own)
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- ¼ Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 bag of frozen cauliflower rice
Meat & Veggies
- 1 lb Steak
- 2 cups Broccoli
- 1 Large Carrot Shredded
- 2 Cups Snap Peas
- ½ Tbsp Fresh Minced Ginger
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 3 tsp Sesame Oil
- 4 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Tapioca Starch
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Bone Broth or Water
- Place steak chunks in a large glass pan and add marinade. Cover and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes while you cut up veggies and prepare the sauce. Preheat grill to 300F.
- For the sauce, mix together the soy sauce, water or broth and tapioca or arrowroot starch until dissolved, then whisk in the remaining sauce ingredients until well combined, set aside.
- Prep all the veggies, and cook in large pan over high heat. Add 1 tsp soy sauce and broth or water, coating the vegetables and cover pan for 3-5 minutes. Drain any excess liquid (this is to lightly steam veggies)
- Place steaks on the grill 10-15 mins or until desired doneness.
- Add the sauce and continue to stir and cook veggies for 5 min, until thickened. Lastly, combine with the beef, veggies and sauce, cook while stirring for just1-2 more minutes, and then remove from heat.
- Top with additional sliced green onion and sesame seeds. Serve over cauliflower rice or rice.