How Does One Eat Vegetables for Breakfast? Asking for a Friend.
Well, if you don’t feel like pairing typical breakfast foods with a spinach salad for breakfast, then try sneaking some veggies into your eggs!
Frittatas are nutrient dense and packed with protein. There is a flavor combo for everyone and you can meal prep them for dayzzz. They only take about 30 minutes, so what do you have to lose? My personal fav is reindeer sausage, peppers, onions and a sprinkle of cheddar cheese.
Bonus Points: Add EXTRA veggies for fiber, vitamins and minerals!
Everyone. Must. Try.
Are you tired of hard boiled eggs? I was. This is the egg solution! Frittatas are so versatile, they never get old.
Tip: Silicone Muffin Pan makes the clean up so much faster!
Eggs: are an all-natural source of high-quality protein and a number of other nutrients, all for 70 calories per large egg. In addition to protein, eggs are a good source of other important nutrients like vitamin D, phosphorus, riboflavin and selenium. If you are worried about the cholesterol, try using half whole eggs and the rest egg whites or egg substitutes!
- 10 Large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic (I like extra)
- 1 Pinch Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp Cream or Milk
Veggie Ideas (Bonus Points for Adding Extra)
- Chopped Broccoli
- Riced Cauliflower
- Shredded Carrots
Meat/Cheese Ideas (Use amounts desired)
- Lean Low-Sodium Ham
- Lean Seasoned Ground Meat
- Smoked Salmon
- Small amount of bacon or breakfast sausage
- Small amount Cheddar, Pepper Jack, Feta, whatever you choose!
- Add eggs to large mixing bowl, beat 1-2 minutes while adding garlic, salt and pepper and cream.
- Add 1 tsp olive oil into large pan on high heat. Cook meat until done, add veggies of choices, sauté 3-5 minutes.
- Let meat and veggies sit. Place on paper towel to soak up extra oil/grease or drain them.
- Add meat and veggies to egg mixture. Using a 1/2 cup, pour into each muffin tin, about 3/4 full. Sprinkle cheese on top if desired.
- Bake in the oven at 350 F degrees for 8-12 minutes. Eggs should rise and be slightly golden.
- Let cool, enjoy or pack them for breakfast on the go!