If Cauliflower Can Become Pizza Crust, You Can do Anything, My Friend
I was hesitant to try the cauliflower crust just like I was skeptical about the cauliflower rice. Again, cauliflower proved it’s versatility.
Some may ask, did you make the crust yourself? Heck no. I am all about the quick and easy recipe life.
This pizza recipe is great if you are looking to increase your veggies, feel good afterwards and get a balanced meal in. The toppings can also be used as a side salad. How great is that?
The Crust: CAULIPOWER pizza has real cauliflower in the crust. Delicious, nutritious, and gluten-free (50% less sugar than the leading gluten-free pizzas). So eat your veggies. Cauliflower delivers some heavy-hitting nutrients. It’s full of antioxidants like vitamin C and manganese, and even has phytonutrients, vitamin K, and omega-3.
Spinach: Superfood! It’s an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin A (in the form of carotenoids), manganese, folate, magnesium, iron, copper, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin E, calcium, potassium and vitamin C. It is a very good source of dietary fiber, phosphorus, vitamin B1, zinc, protein and choline.
Banana Peppers: are sweet and hot which is high in vitamin content, fiber and also low in calories. Banana peppers are good amount of Vitamin B6, Vitamin C and folate which are essential for maintaining heart health and reduce the chances of certain cancers.
Deer Meat (or any lean meat): Three ounces of venison contain 134 calories and only 3 grams of total fat!
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- 1/2 lb Ground Deer or meat of choice
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 5 Diced Scallions
- 1 Cup Chopped Spinach
- 1/4 Cup Banana Peppers
- 3/4 Cup Tomato Paste
- 1 Premade Frozen Cauliflower Crust
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cook ground meat in pan on medium heat for 10-15 minutes. Shred cheeses, dice scallions and chop spinach. Place cooked meat on plate, pat with paper towel.
- Remove crust from box and overwrap. Layer crust with tomato paste and your toppings. Cook pizza crust on the middle rack or on a sheet pan. In Conventional Oven: Cook for 12-14 minutes or until cheeses start browning.
- Chop Spinach and cherry tomatoes, add a sprinkle of cheese and banana peppers. Mix together in small bowl oil and vinegar. Drizzle over spinach.