Roasted Chicken Pepper Pizza. Easy. As, Pie.
Pizza isn’t the worst food in the world and it doesn’t ruin a healthy diet. THANK GOODNESS, right?
Have some portion control and fill the rest of your plate with veggies vs. garlic bread or wings. Instead of having 4 slices, order a salad when you’re eating out to help avoid overeating. At home, I not only suggest adding those veggies on the side but also as toppings. Let the fiber and nutrient dense ingredients fill you up before going overboard with fatty meats and too much cheese (yes, there is such thing). I usually make a trip to Trader Joe’s for my sauce and dough!
Whole grain crust: whole grain is a grain of any cereal and pseudocereal that contains the endosperm, germ, and bran, in contrast to refined grains, which retain only the endosperm. As part of a general healthy diet, consumption of whole grains is associated with lower risk of several diseases and promotes satiety. Whole grains are a source of carbohydrates, multiple nutrients and dietary fiber. In contrast, the proteins of the pseudocereals have a high nutritional value.
Red Peppers: Great source of Vitamin C and Vitamin A! Bell peppers also contain significant amounts of vitamin B 6 and dietary fiber. Pile them on!
Spinach: Packed with nutrients including vitamin K, vitamin A, manganese, folate, magnesium, iron, copper, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin E, calcium, potassium and vitamin C. Do I need to go on?
Chicken: Awesome lean protein substitute for pepperoni, sausage and other fatty meats.
Garlic: Great way to flavor veggies without the added sodium! If you don’t have time to mince garlic, powdered garlic is an easy substitute.
Roasted Pepper & Chicken Pizza
- 1 Head Chopped Cauliflower
- 1 Head Chopped Broccoli
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 lb Chicken
- 1 Can Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Whole Wheat Pizza Dough I use Trader Joe’s premade dough or CauliPower Crust
- 1/2 16 oz Can Pizza Paste
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1 Cup Spinach
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Cilantro
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- Sprinkle Blue Cheese Crumbles Optional
- Put chicken in slow cooker with one can of chicken broth on low for 4 hours or until chicken cooked. If chicken is frozen cook for 8-10 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred it.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spread cornmeal or flour on pizza stone and knead dough spreading it to thickness desired or use frozen caulipower pizza.
- Add pizza sauce, garlic, cheese, peppers, onions, cilantro, chicken and blue cheese.
- Cook for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Put foil on pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add olive oil, pepper, garlic and salt to broccoli and cauliflower in large bowl, mix together until coated.
- Bake for 20 minutes.