Coconut baked chicken with veggies will be a new week night favorite, with its golden and crispy coating. The added texture and flavor will put the old chicken strips to shame! I mean doesn’t it just look amazing?
I hear clients all the time say they are tired of grilled chicken breasts and salad. Eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring or complicated. Simple ingredients and a flakey crust can go a long way. This recipe is great as leftovers and is kid friendly!
Chicken: provides a good source of protein, essential vitamins, and minerals. Protein plays an important role in our diet. It is made of amino acids, which are the building blocks of our muscles.
Broccoli: is a great source of vitamins K and C, a good source of folate and broccoli also provides potassium and fiber.
Brussel Sprouts: are rich in many valuable nutrients. They are an excellent source of vitamin C and vitamin K.
Watermelon: has high water content, to keep you hydrated! It is also a low-calorie fruit high in some nutrients, especially carotenoids, and vitamin C.
Coconut Chicken and Roasted Veggies
- 1 Large Head Broccoli
- 3 Cups Brussel Sprouts
- 1/3 Tsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tsp Garlic
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 lb Chicken Cut into strips
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 3/4 Cup Panko
- 1 Cup Shredded Coconut
- Heat oven to 400F. Chop vegetables into the desired size, place in a bowl add in oil and spices. Mix together.
- Add foil to a pan and spread veggies out evenly. Roast 15-20 minutes.
- In medium bowl combine eggs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and mix together thoroughly. In a separate bowl, add the panko and shredded coconut.
- Dip the chicken strips in the egg mixture, coating both sides. Let excess drip off. Place the egg coated chicken into the panko/coconut mixture.
- Place the coconut coated chicken on a foiled baking sheet (can be the same as the vegetables). Throw away excess egg and coconut mixture. Lightly spray the tops of the chicken tenders with olive oil cooking spray.
- Bake on the middle oven rack for 12-14 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the coating is crisp and golden brown.