Coconutty flakey fish in a bowl full of veggies and delicious toppings is a great way to change it up! Fish is on the menu often at my house so I’m always trying to find new flavors and ways to pair it with veggies. White fish doesn’t have to be boring!
By lightly coating it in coconut and spices, it adds texture and variety. The cauliflower rice and beans are a great side addition and of course a taco bowl wouldn’t be complete without the toppings. Add even more veggies with salsa and avocado, making it a healthy weeknight meal option.
Halibut: one filet can provide more than a third of multiple micronutrient needs, is a great protein source and contains omega 3s!
Cauliflower: low in calories, high in vitamins and minerals! Contains almost your estimated daily need for vitamin C. Also, cauliflower is a great source of fiber and antioxidants.
Beans: have no cholesterol, are a complex carbohydrate, contain protein, B vitamins, potassium and fiber. Beans are known to help with digestion and prevent constipation.
Coconut Crusted Fish Taco Bowl
- 1 pound fresh halibut
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup lime juice
- Cauliflower Rice and Beans
- 1 bag of frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 can of black beans
- Bowl Base/Toppings:
- Corn Tortillas
- Avocado, diced
- Red Pepper, Diced
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- In medium bowl, beat eggs, add spices and coconut into mixture
- Dip each thinly sliced piece of fish in the mixture
- Place each piece of fish on the rack of a roasting pan
- Bake fish 15-20 minutes
Cauliflower Rice and Beans
- In large pan, on medium heat cook cauliflower rice and beans
- Cook 5-10 minutes
- Chop, dice veggies
- Warm tortillas