Why haven’t I combined these ingredients before?! The coconut flakes and fresh chives added texture and flavor taking my fresh Alaska Salmon to another level.
Game changer salmon recipe, for sure. The ingredients are refreshing and delicious! Chives, coconut flakes and lemon juice are a must. Every bite has a fresh flavor.
This coconut curry salmon recipe is great for people looking for new fish recipes. Do not miss out on this one! Don’t be intimated by ingredients like red curry paste, coconut flakes and chives, it’s worth it.
Another amazing thing about this recipe is the cooking method. Sheet pan cooking is awesome! Place some foil down on the pan and your clean up is practically done. With this recipe you can cook the protein and the side together at the same time and it makes hardly any mess at all.
The salmon paired great with broccoli and Brussel sprouts and added even more color. Roasting vegetables is an easy way to add texture and flavor without extra calories. I’ll be honest I did use a little extra marinade on the veggies because it was SO GOOD.
If fish isn’t your thing, this recipe may change your mind. Give it a try! Great way to get in a nutrient dense meal including protein, omega 3s, fiber, vitamins and minerals!
Salmon: provides a good source of high quality protein with heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids
Brussel sprouts: rich source of vitamin K, vitamin C, antioxidants and are high in fiber.
Avocado Salsa Salmon
- 1 Filet Fresh or Frozen Salmon
- 2/3 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp Red Curry Paste
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2/3 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1/3 Cup Freshly Chopped Chives
- 2 Tbsp Finely Shredded Lemon Peel
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 3 Cups Brussel Sprouts
- 3 Cups Broccoli
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- In a small bowl mix coconut milk, curry paste, and lemon juice. Pour over salmon, marinate 3-4 hours in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a large bowl toss sprouts with oil, ½ teaspoon of the salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper, garlic as desired. Line a half sheet pan with foil. Arrange veggies in a single layer on one side of the pan.
- Cook until brussel sprouts and broccoli lightly browned. Remove salmon fillets from marinade, and place on pan next to veggies. Roast, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork. Sprinkle salmon with remaining salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine coconut, chives, and lemon peel. Sprinkle with coconut mixture and the sesame seeds just before serving. Serve with lemon wedges for squeezing over, if desired.