Everyone needs a quick easy curry recipe. This one is hard to beat.
We love curry at our house and have done a million recipe experiments. The spices are so versatile and full of antioxidants it’s definitely a win-win way to flavor dishes. This red curry recipe has been the best so far! We have added it into our top favorites for weeknight quick easy meals. The creamy coconut mixed with the curry and fresh lime juice made it hard to stop eating!
Coconut Milk: Aside from being a good source of medium-chain fatty acids, also has a few assorted vitamins and minerals. Make sure you are reading the nutrition label to verify there aren’t unwanted added ingredients. If you are looking to reduce calories and fat content, they make “light” versions! Coconut milk and oil are still saturated fat, so portion control is recommended.
Asparagus: is a great source of vitamin K and B vitamins, asparagus is high in in anti-inflammatory nutrients. It also provides vitamin C, vitamin E, and the minerals copper and iron. It’s a low calorie and high fiber food!
Cauliflower Rice: One cup of cooked cauliflower provides 73 to 77 percent of the recommended daily amount of vitamin C, 19 percent of the daily vitamin K amount and 8 percent of the daily manganese amount, according to World’s Healthiest Foods.
Ginger: Ginger is a popular spice and an amazing way to flavor food. It is high in gingerol, a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Coconut Red Curry
- 1 lb Chicken, cubed
- 1 tsp Salt and Pepper
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 cups Asparagus, chopped
- 3 Tbsp Red Curry
- 5 Cloves Garlic (I used extra)
- 1 tsp Ginger (fresh is better)
- ½ Cup Chives
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Corn
- ¼ Cup Cilantro
- Lime juice (from one lime)
- 1 Bag Frozen Riced Cauliflower
- Cut and cube chicken breast into small cubes, cook on large frying pan on medium heat with 1 tsp olive oil until fully cooked
- In separate pan add 1 tsp olive oil, cut asparagus and sauté on medium heat for 10-12 minutes
- Mix in ginger, garlic, chives, and red curry with chicken in pan
- Add coconut milk and bring to a boil in large pan with chicken, reduce to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes, while simmering add in corn, cilantro, lime juice, and sautéed asparagus
- Heat cauliflower rice and serve chicken curry on top
Things You Might Need