Stuff your peppers full of delicious taco goodness! It’s easy to sneak in some extra veggies with flavorful Mexican spices and amazing toppings. Get creative and give it a try.
I mean what’s not to love?
Stuffed peppers are full of color, flavor and is an easy balanced meal. The peppers pack great as leftovers and have very little clean up. Use any extra toppings for salads or tacos throughout the week.
Red Bell Peppers: are low in calories and loaded with micronutrients and fiber. All varieties are great sources of vitamins A and C, potassium, and folic acid.
Bone Broth: rich in collagen, amino acids, vitamins and minerals. I like using Vital Proteins because it’s one simple ingredient and eliminates any prep time or waste.
Deer: contains less saturated fat than most ground beef and is a great source of protein. You can use whatever, ground meat you like, I just recommend looking for leaner options!
Cauliflower: I have nothing against regular rice, I just prefer cauliflower! It’s a an excellent source of vitamin C and folate and also a good source of fiber, vitamin K, phytochemicals and antioxidants, which may be helpful for preventing chronic disease.
- 1 lb ground meat (I used deer)
- 2 garlic, minced
- 1/4 onion, minced
- 1 ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 large sweet red bell peppers, cut into halves
- 3/4 Cup Bone Broth
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups cooked cauliflower rice
- Olive oil spray
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- 6 Cups Lettuce (optional)
- Salsa (optional)
- 2 Avocados (optional)
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Spray olive oil in a medium pan and turn to medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, cilantro and spices to pan, then add ground meat, and cook for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add 1/4 cup of tomato sauce and 1/2 cup of bone broth, mix well and simmer on low for about 5 minutes.
- Combine cooked cauliflower rice and meat together.
- Cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise, and remove insides/seeds. Spoon meat and cauliflower mixture into each pepper half and place in medium glass baking dish. Top each with cheese.
- Pour the remainder of the bone broth on the bottom of the pan. Cover tightly with foil and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Add lettuce to bowl, place bell pepper in the middle, top with salsa, cilantro and avocado! Enjoy!