Craving Chinese takeout, but want a healthier option? These lettuce wraps are REFRESHINGLY good!
Lettuce wraps are a lower sodium and low carb option for lunch or dinner in a hurry. Trust me, these are awesome. I even forget all about the chow mein and fried rice.
These wraps are quick, easy and ready to eat in less than 30 minutes. If you need to use up some romaine and you’re tired of salads, this recipe is a new way to do it! These are so good, you’ll definitely be making them again. They look amazing and taste amazing! Great recipe to use when having guests who don’t mind getting a little messy.
Romaine: Very low-calorie and carbohydrate, contains vitamin C, vitamin A, fiber and zero fat. Light and easy!
Ground Turkey: Look for lean sources and lower sodium. Just like ground beef, there are different varieties that contain different amounts of fat. The fat in ground turkey may come from added turkey skin or dark meat.
Cashews: Nuts are packed with heart-healthy fats. They are rich in unsaturated fatty acids, provide plant based protein, fiber, minerals including copper, zinc and magnesium.
Sesame Seeds: contain copper, manganese, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, zinc, molybdenum, vitamin B1, selenium and dietary fiber. Sprinkle some on!
Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb Ground Turkey You can use beef, chicken, pork or tofu too!
- 1 Chopped Bell Pepper
- 1 Diced Onion
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro
- 3 Cloves garlic
- 1/4 Cup Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tsp Ginger
- 1/2 Cup Cashews
- 1 Head Romaine Lettuce
- On medium heat in large pan, brown ground meat (5-7 minutes)
- In separate pan, sauté pepper, onion, cilantro and garlic on medium heat (may need to spray pan)
- In small mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame seeds, red pepper and ginger.
- Add sautéed veggies and soy sauce mixture to turkey in large pan along with cashews.
- Mix together in pan, cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Fill lettuce leafs with meat and veggie mix!