Who needs a fresh summer recipe?! Tired of burgers? Grilled fish with a colorful and flavorful salsa hits the spot during the hot summer months.
Honestly, when creating this salsa recipe I was being lazy with measurements and just threw in “one” of everything. It turned out perfect. The salsa garnish can be used on any fish or as a side, salad topping or dip. Plus, the fruity flavor is refreshing and changes up any dish without the added sugar, sodium or fat.
Put some roasted veggies on the side of your fish and you’ve got a balanced meal. Bring this meal to a cookout and I guarantee you’ll be invited back. Cooking Tip: Use a veggie dicer! It saves a ton of time.
Here are some fun facts to tell your friends or family:
Did you know halibut’s lifespan is 55 years?!
Small halibut are called “chickens”
The largest recored was over 500 pounds and 8 feet long! So basically a whale.
Halibut: Great source of protein, omega 3s, selenium, niacin, phosphorus, magnesium, vitamins B12 and B6, potassium.
Pineapple: is an excellent source of vitamin C and manganese.
Mango: filled with vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants including vitamin C, vitamin A and folate.
Brussel Sprouts: Brussels sprouts are low in calories but high in fiber, vitamins and minerals including vitamin K, vitamin C, folate and manganese.
Avocado: heart-healthy monounsaturated fat – good fat!
Mango Pineapple Salsa Halibut
- 1 Pineapple (Diced)
- 1 Mango (Diced)
- 1 Avocado (Diced)
- 1 Onion Diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (Diced)
- 1 Lime Juice (Fresh Squeezed)
- 8 Cloves Minced Garlic (I like extra)
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro
- 1/2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 lbs Halibut Filet
- 1 Lime (Juiced)
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 6 Cups Brussel Sprouts
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- Preheat oven to 450 F for roasted veggies. Dice pineapple, mango, avocado, onion, bell pepper put in large mixing bowl. Add in lime juice, minced garlic, cilantro, olive oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix together.
- Fire up the grill to medium heat. Place halibut filets in tin foil with olive oil, lime juice and chili powder. Cook until no longer transparent (15-20 minutes).
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Place trimmed Brussels sprouts, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper on foiled baking sheet. Roast in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, shaking pan every 5 to 7 minutes for even browning.