Need a quick easy go to meal?
Of course, you do. This recipe is great for a busy weeknight. Full of color and nutrition, this amazing macro bowl hits the spot. I honestly had never sautéed kale until this recipe. I loved it!! It makes kale actually cool.
Kale: Kale is very high in nutrients and very low in calories, making it one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet. Great source of vitamin K, C, beta-carotene, calcium, magnesium and potassium! Need I say more?
Sweet Potato: Great source of fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and manganese. It counts as a complex carb and adds color!
Ground Venison: Three ounces of venison contains about 130 calories and only 3 grams of total fat, making it lower in saturated fat than beef. It typically has a few more grams of protein as well!
Black Beans: provide lots of soluble and insoluble fiber, both of which have proven to decrease your risk of multiple chronic diseases and help you stay full longer. One cup also has about 15 grams of protein along with other vitamin and minerals!
Savory Kale Bowl
- Dice sweet potatoes, place in medium sized bowl toss lightly in 1/2 tsp of olive oil with salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn stove to medium high, sauté potatoes for 10-15 minutes or until softened.
- Turn another stove burner to medium heat, add ground meat to a separate pan, add spices, cook until brown.
- In a third pan add rinsed oil beans and kale to pan, heat 5-10 minutes. Add ½ tsp of olive oil. Add garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
- Place ingredients in bowl and top with cilantro and salsa as desired.