Have You Been Eating Hard-Boiled Eggs or Cereal for Weeks? Months?
Let’s be honest, we all get stuck in a rut with our diet sometimes. Get ready to try some new amazing flavors! Or get excited to just use up your leftover veggies.
This shakshouka egg bake can be used with any vegetables! You can eat this meal any time of the day, which makes it hard to get tired of. The sautéed peppers, potatoes and onion with a Mediterranean flavor, really spices things up.
Not into spices? Try cracking eggs over roasted veggies with a little cheese and fresh herbs. It’s a simple meal and can be made with ingredients you have on hand. Get creative!
Studies have now shown that the Mediterranean diet can cause weight loss and help prevent heart attacks, strokes, type 2 diabetes and premature death.
So What Is The Mediterranean Diet?
Here’s The Basics
- Eat: Vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, legumes, potatoes, whole grains, breads, herbs, spices, fish, seafood and olive oil.
- Eat in moderation: Poultry, eggs, cheese, yogurt, red meat.
- Limit: Sugar-sweetened beverages, added sugars, processed meat, refined grains, refined oils and other highly processed foods.
Another amazing thing about the Mediterranean diet is the fact that it includes ﬂavors from natural ingredients. Lots of garlic, onion, citrus, fresh herbs, and spices!
Many herbs and spices not only provide flavor but also are packed full of antioxidants. A little bit goes a long way!
- 1 cup of onions
- 1 cup of bell peppers
- 1 cup of potato
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- A pinch of turmeric, paprika, cardamom, coriander, ginger, cinnamon, and cumin
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup Cilantro
- Preheat oven at 375.
- Chop onion, pepper, potato, and garlic and sauté in medium pan on medium heat for 10-12 minutes.
- Add can of tomatoes and continue on medium head for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Top with four cracked eggs and place pan in the oven.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked.
- Top with fresh cilantro and enjoy.