Combining my two favorite foods was the best idea I’ve had in awhile.
Thai + Pizza, yes! The flavors were delicious and so fresh! With the Asian zing from the Thai and the crispy pizza crust, creates a match made in heaven. Pizza doesn’t have to be unhealthy or ruin your nutrition goals. Loading up pizza with veggies and lean protein is a great way to make it a balanced meal (I also always pair pizza with veggies).
As for crust, I tested out Trader Joe’s Sprouted Whole Grain Pizza Crust. It’s a thin crust with 7 whole grains and super quick to cook.
You can also make cauliflower pizza if you want to add in more vegetables.
Coconut Aminos- is a delicious sauce made from coconut sap. It is dark, rich, salty and slightly sweet in flavor. It resembles a light soy sauce, but it is soy free and gluten free – making it the perfect replacement for those avoiding soy and gluten.
Shrimp- Four ounces steamed contains over 100% of the Daily Value for selenium, over 75% for vitamin B12, over 50% for phosphorous, and over 30% for choline, copper, and iodine.
Peanut Butter-Heart healthy fat source with all the flavor!
Rice Vinegar -As a zero-calorie condiment, rice vinegar can help you save calories while adding flavor to the food you eat. Typically, not as bitter as apple-cider vinegar.
Shrimp Fried Rice
- 1 Pizza Crust Trader Joe’s
- 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter
- 3 Tbsp Water
- 2 Tsp Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos
- 2 Tsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Lime Juice
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Bell Pepper
- 1 Cup Broccoli
- 1/2 Cup Scallions
- 1/4 Cup Carrots
- 16 Shrimp
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 Cup Bean Sprouts
- 1 Bunch Asparagus
- 2 Cup Chopped Broccoli
- 1 Medium Chopped Onion
- 1/2 Tsp Olive oil
- 1 Tsp Garlic, Salt, Pepper
- Used premade crust.
- Heat peanut butter for 10 seconds. Combine all ingredients for sauce. Whisk together place in refrigerator.
- Dice all veggies except bean sprouts, add olive oil and sauté on medium heat for 10 minutes. Add tbsp of peanut sauce, shrimp and mix into veggies.
- Apply thin layer of peanut sauce on pizza crust. Add cheese and bean sprouts. Drizzle the rest of the peanut sauce on top.
- Bake on 450 F for 15 minutes or until crust is crisp and cheese is melted.