Alright, real talk. I was a server at Olive Garden through grad school (judge me, whatever). Anyways, I loved the steak gorgonzola pasta, basically the richest, creamiest pasta dish on earth. So as a dietitian, of course I’m going to try and make it healthyish without it tasting lame.
THIS RECIPE IS AMAZING. I replaced pasta with zoodles because lord knows this meal needed some vegetables and adding some heart healthy fat to the sauce helped this dish out a lot. You will be weirded out by adding mashed avocado to a hot pan but trust me. DO IT.
Zoodles: A medium zucchini provides about 30 calories, 6 grams of total carbohydrates and 2 grams of fiber, which works out to only 4 grams of net carbs. By comparison, a 2-cup serving of wheat pasta contains approximately 90 grams of carbohydrates.
Avocado: 1/3 of a medium avocado has about 80 calories and contributes nearly 20 vitamins and minerals, making it a great nutrient-dense food choice!
Spinach: is an extremely nutrient-rich vegetable. It contains high amounts of carotenoids, vitamin C, vitamin K, folic acid, iron and calcium.
Tomato: Tomatoes are a good source of several vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin C, potassium, vitamin K and folate.
Steak Gorgonzola Zoodles
- 1 lb Steak
- 2 tsp Steak Seasoning
- Steak Marinade (we use Italian Dressing)
- 4 Zucchini
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Cup Nut Milk
- ¾ freshly grated Parmesan Cheese (can do less)
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- ½ Cup Cilantro
- ¾ Cup Spinach
- 1 Cup Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 tsp pepper
- Chunks of gorgonzola cheese (use at your discretion)
- Refrigerate and marinate steak overnight in your choice of marinade (we used Italian dressing)
- Preheat grill at 300 F. In large glass pan lay steaks and apply steak seasoning. Place steaks on grill. Cook 10-15 mins or until desired doneness
- Mash avocado in medium bowl and add milk, cheese, then mix together.
- Add sauce mixture to a medium sized pan and turn to medium heat.
- Add cilantro, spinach, garlic and roasted tomatoes to pan. Cook 5 minutes and reduce to simmer.
- Spiralize zucchini or buy frozen, add to a large pan and cook on medium heat. Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Add sauce and steak to zoodles and enjoy!
Things You Might Need