Another easy salmon recipe to help get those heart healthy fats and protein in!
Simple ingredients make weeknight cooking so much easier. I did not make the teriyaki sauce homemade and I am okay with it! A little bit of sauce goes a long way and fresh fish paired with veggies is still a great healthy option.
The citrusy lime and savory garlic mixed with teriyaki is perfect. It’s a little bit of a change up from stir-fry and I love the flavor of grilled salmon on top.
Salmon: All types of salmon provide a good source of high quality protein and the heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids. The fat and omega-3 content varies from one species to another. Total fat content ranges from approximately 4 to 11 grams per 3 ounce cooked serving.
Cauliflower: High in vitamin C, K and folate. It’s a great substitute for rice and is full of nutrient dense fiber!
Carrots: A medium-size carrot has 25 calories, 6 grams of carbs, and 2 grams of fiber. The veggie is an excellent source of vitamin A, providing more than 200% of your daily requirement in just one carrot.
Lime: One lime can provide 32 percent of your required daily vitamin C and are a great way to flavor foods and beverages without the added calories.
Teriyaki Lime Salmon
- 8 oz salmon
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 bell pepper
- ¼ cup of chives
- ½ cup of carrots (chopped or shredded)
- 2 cups of cauliflower rice (I used frozen)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tbsp. of sesame seeds
- Dash of soy sauce or coconut aminos
- Slices of lime (optional toppings)
- In foil place salmon with skin facing foil (down). Drizzle teriyaki sauce and lime juice on top and wrap up in foil with lime slices on top. Seal the edges.
- Heat grill to 300 Degrees. Cook until fish is no longer transparent (15-20 mins)
- Take fish out of foil and sear on both sides for 30 seconds.
- Chop bell pepper, chives, and carrots.
- Saute veggies with riced cauliflower on medium heat for 10-12 minutes in olive oil.
- Top with sesame seeds, soy sauce and lime wedges.
Things You Might Need
Teriyaki Sauce (No added sugar)